Information for Volunteers
If you are a student at the University of York and are interested in volunteering with us, send us an email to join our Facebook group. You don't need to have any experience in music or teaching, just a love of music! To volunteer with MEG, you must have a valid DBS check and safeguarding training. To see what workshops you could help out with click here!
Volunteers' Code of Conduct:
Thank you for showing interest in volunteering with MEG! As a volunteer, there are a set of guidelines we would like you to follow. Please read all the information below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1. Bring a valid form of ID (e.g a driving license) with you to all workshops along with your DBS certificate.
2. Dress appropriately for the workshop and avoid the following: short dresses/skirts, crop tops and other scruffy clothing. If you have one, wear a grey MEG fleece!
3. Do not use your phone at any point during the workshop. Make sure it is turned off before entering the building. Please be aware that some schools make require your phone to be handed in at reception.
4. Do not take any photos or videos during your visit to the location of the workshop.
5. Do not swear or use any other inappropriate language.
6. Arrive promptly for transport, allowing adequate time for travel and set up.
7. Remember that you are representing the University of York.
8. Most importantly, smile and have fun!